The full text of Law No. 10, which amends Decree No. 66 of 2012 and extends its provisions to the whole of Syria.
Law No. 10 of 2018
Providing for the Establishment by Decree, Based on the Recommendation of the Minister of Local Administration and Environment, of One or More Development Zones within the General Zoning Plans for the Administrative Units, and Amendment of Some Items of Legislative Decree No. 66 of Year 2012
The President of the Republic,
Based on the provisions of the Constitution,
And what was approved by the People’s Council in its session held on 01/07/1439 Hijri, corresponding to 19/03/2018 Gregorian,
Promulgates the following:
By a decree based on the recommendation of the Minister of Local Administration and Environment, one or more development zones shall be established within the general zoning plan for Administrative Units known as Legislative Decree No. 107 of 2011, based on certified general and detailed studies and plans and an approved economic feasibility study.
Articles numbers 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 38, 44, 45, 51, 59, 61, and 63 provided in Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 shall be amended in the following manner:
- Article 5
- The Administrative Unit shall ask, within a week of the date of the issuance of the decree to establish the Development Zone, the General Directorate of Cadastral Affairs, the Temporary Registry Directorate, or any public entityauthorised by the establishing document to hold records documenting ownership, to prepare a list of names of property owners conforming to real estate restrictions, including the indications noted on their respective records.
- The concerned entities mentioned in Paragraph 1 must secure the required list within a period of 45 days from the date that the Administrative Unit’s letter is registered with them.
- The Administrative Unit shall compose, by a decree from its president, within a month of the date of the issuance of the decree to establish the Development Zone, one or more committees to inventory and categorise the zone’s properties and organise a detailed description of their contents in terms of buildings, trees, plantings and otherwise, while carrying out a social survey of the residents in the area. It may employ aerial photography as a reference for the work of the committee or other committees. The decision for its formation shall stipulate the necessary period for it to conclude its work.
- Article 6
- The Administrative Unit shall invite, within a month of the issuance of the decree to establish the Zone, the owners and in rem rights holders in the two zones, through an announcement published in at least one local newspaper, in an audio/visual media, on its web page, and on the Zone bulletin board, to declare their rights. It is incumbent upon them, and all those related to real estate in the Development Zone, whether originally or through guardianship or agency, to submit to the Administrative Unit, within 30 days of the date of the announcement, an application which specifies his electedplace of residence within the Administrative Unit, accompanied by papers and documents supporting his rights, or copies of them, if any. In the event of their absence, his application shall note in his request the locations, borders, lots, and legal type of property or rights that he is claiming and all suits filed by or against him.
- Relatives of rights holders, up to the forth degree or under a legal agency, may exercise the rights stipulated in the previous Paragraph on their own behalf.
- Article 8
Property owners in the Development Zone shall elect experts at the invitation of the Administrative Unit issued to owners who have specified their elected domicile, in a daily newspaper, at least to elect their representatives. The election shall be considered valid with a majority vote from those who answer the invitation, and the time and place of the election shall be specified in the invitation. If the property owners in the Development Zone do not meet the invitation to elect their representatives for the value estimation committee, the President of the Court of First Instance in the Governorate shall appoint the two aforementioned experts.
- Article 9
- It is required that the chairman of the committee and its members, other than owners’ representatives, have no relation, by blood or marriage, up to the fourth degree, or any financial or legal tie or interest with the rights holders, in accordance with the provisions of Articles 175-176 of the Judicial Procedure Law No. 1 of 2016.
- Committee members shall swear the following legal oath before the chairman before commencing their work: “I swear, by almighty God, to carry out my duties honestly and truthfully, and not to disclose secrets of the proceedings.”
- Meetings of the committee shall be legally binding with the attendance of the chairman and three members. Its decisions shall be taken by unanimous or majority vote. In the event that one or all of the owners’ representatives are absent for two consecutive meetings, the President of the Court of First Instance in the Governorate shall appoint a replacement.
- Following the issuance of a committee decision and an underestimation by the committee of a share, or an omission in the account of an owner, and based upon his objection, the committee shall correct the omission and issue the decision necessary to specify the benefits accrued as a result, and inform the Administrative Unit. The Administrative Unit must calculate the equivalent equity value according to the ratio specified by a decision of the distribution committee and disburse it from the Zone fund account or refund the equivalent income to the fund.
- Article 10
- The committee shall take into account in estimating the value of real estate inside the Development Zone that the compensation is equivalent to the real value directly before the date of the issuance of the decree establishing the Development Zone, and that every rise in prices as the result of its establishment or commercial speculation shall not be taken into account, if this increase in value is not justified by a similar increase in neighbouring areas, taking into account, when the values are estimated, the following:
- The classification adjustments prepared by the committee formed in accordance with Paragraph 3 of Article 5 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 amended in accordance with the provisions of this Law.
- The location of the land and what in contains in terms of buildings, constructions, and its proximity to the Administrative Unit city centre and its connection to urban development, the availability of public facilities, the regulatory classification and building regulation system.
- Classification of agricultural land and what it contains in terms of trees, cultivation, its location and its nature, characteristics, productions and proximity to roads and public facilities and the city centre and irrigation sources.
- The value of buildings in violation shall be estimated for the purpose of rental allowance or evacuation compensation and shall not be entered into the estimation list specified in Article 11 of Legislative Decree No.66 of 2012.
- The committee shall conclude its work within 150 days of the date of its formation.
- Article 12
The Civil Court of Appeal in the Governorate shall decide, upon appeals to the committee’s final decisions in chambers, the final decision within a period not exceeding 30 days from the date that the appeal is registered. The appeal shall not halt the Zone implementation procedures.
- Article 13
The Administrative Unit shall announce, within a week of the date of receiving a decision of the evaluation committee, on its bulletin board and in the Zone bulletin board, and through publication in a local newspaper, or if there is none in one of the capital’s newspapers, the end of the evaluation committee’s work. The announcement shall contain an explicit reference to the relevant authority that must be reviewed to consider its evaluation list.
- Article 17
- The decisions of the committee are subject to appeal before the Civil Court of Appeals in the Governorate in accordance with the dates and rules followed in appealing decisions of the Urgent Matters Judge. The Court of Appeals shall make a final decision, in chambers. An aggrieved party who is not party to the conflict before the committee may claim damages with compensation for the damage inflicted before the ordinary judiciary.
- The implementation of the committee’s decisions shall be carried out after they reach the peremptory degree:
- Through a letter directed by the committee to the Administrative Unit, accompanied by a copy of the decision after paying the fee scheduled in the Judicial Fees and Insurance for Implementing Judicial Decisions Law.
- Through a letter from the President of the Court of Appeals to the Administrative Unit, accompanied by a copy of the court decision after paying the legal fees.
- Article 19
- The Administrative Unit shall carry out the following:
- Prepare integrated studies for the infrastructure, making use of relevant expert offices.
- Implement public facilities and infrastructure, in terms of roads, sidewalks, parks, squares, water, sewerage, electricity, communications, and other services, and deliver them to the noted plots. This shall be done in accordance with the latest specifications, and the ownership of the civil facilities and infrastructure shall go to the Administrative Unit.
- Develop a system to operate, utilise and maintain the infrastructure of the Development Zone and to provide services. This shall specify the fate of investment returns as the case may be, by an agreement between the Administrative Unit and the relevant institutions and company to provide the services noted in the previous Paragraph. This system shall show the details of the relationship between the Development Zone administration and these entities within the laws and regulations governing their work.
- The service providers shall keep up with the work of the studies, implementation, operation and maintenance of the services confined to them in accordance with the aforementioned regulations.
- The Administrative Unit shall bear all expenses for regulation, studies, implementation of infrastructure and public facilities, compensation for evacuation, destruction of crops, and all accrued rent payments to occupants in accordance with the provisions of Article 44 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012, amended in accordance with the provisions of this Law, as well as similar fees, expenses from selling by auction, committee compensations, wages of experts and contracted parties, and the contracts concluded to carry out survey and technical work, bonuses and bank interest and all expenses needed to conclude and maintain the Development Zone, and for the Administrative Unit to develop and prosper.
- Article 20
- The Administrative Unit shall establish, through a decision from the Minister of Local Administration and Environment, a special fund for each Development Zone to cover and fund all expenses set forth in Article 19 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012, amended in accordance with the provisions of this Law, and to construct social and alternative housing and all expenses of the Development Zone.
- The fund shall be financed from the following:
- Loans from authorised banks.
- Revenues resulting from exchange or joint contracts signed by the Council of the Administrative Unit in order to finance the fund with concerned legal persons in exchange for their ownership of shares in its zoning plots owned by the Administrative Unit, and the value of the plots it sells in auctions.
- Any other revenues for the Development Zones.
- Article 21
- All land necessary to achieve and implement the following shall be split off free of charge in accordance with the general and detailed zoning plans:
- Roads, squares, parks, car parks and public constructions, including public agency centres, schools, police stations, hospitals, clinics, health centres, fire stations, houses of worship (mosques and churches), public libraries, cultural centres, locations prepared for public monuments, athletic fields, social care centres, electrical substations, sewage treatment stations, drinking water pumping stations, social support centres. The plots for public constructions shall be delivered to the public agencies without fee, and the responsibility for the construction shall fall to these agencies.
- Plots allocated for the Administrative Unit to construct buildings for those notified of demolition and those of limited income and social housing, and for covering the expenses noted in Article 19 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012, amended in accordance with the provisions of this Law.
- The deductions set forth in Items a and b of Paragraph 1 of this Article must not lead to a reduction in the proportion of land allocated for the owners of the Development Zone below 80 percent of a square meter for everyone square metre of land. This shall be done in accordance with the certified economic feasibility study, the zoning plans and the construction system.
- Article 22
- The Development Zone shall be considered a legal person taking the place of all owners and rights holders therein.
- The Administrative Unit shall represent this legal personhood and shall exercise powers which ensure the implementation of the zoning plan and the liquidation of property in the area and its rights in accordance with the provisions of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 and the provisions of this Law.
- All plots of the Development Zone allocated for owners and rights holders shall be owned commonly among them. Their plots shall be registered with the Real Estate Registry in the name of the Development Zone until their final registration in the owners’ names in accordance with the options specified in Article 29 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012, amended in accordance with the provisions of this Law.
- All emergency situations pertaining to owners shall be recorded within the ownership registries at the Administrative Unit set forth in Article 27 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012, amended in accordance with the provisions of this Law.
- The Development Zone work shall conclude with the registration of its plots in the name of their owners in accordance with the options specified in Article 29 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 amended in accordance with the provisions of this Law.
13. Article 25
- The distribution committee must:
- Estimate the value of each plot within the plots of the specified zone on its divisional plan after excluding the plots withheld in accordance with the provisions of Article 21 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 amended in accordance with the provisions of this Law.
- Conduct a comparison between the total value of all property of the Development Zone, estimated by an evaluation committee, and the total values of zoning plots it has estimated.
- Calculate the surplus or shortfall between them and its proportion.
- Re-distribute shares of all rights holders in the entire Development Zone in accordance with the rate of surplus or shortfall.
- The committee shall issue its decision including the list of names of rights holders in the Development Zone, adjusted as common owners of shares of zoning plots with their equity shares equalling in total the value of the zoning plots allocated to the owners.
- The share for the owners shall be determined with the nominal value of a single share at a single Syrian pound.
14. Article 26
- The distribution committee shall deliver the final list to the Administrative Unit within one week from the date of the completion of its work.
- The Administrative Unit shall invite rights holders to review the list in accordance with an announcement published in one of the local newspapers or, if there are none, in one of the capital’s newspapers, and on the Administrative Unit bulletin board and its website, if any, and on the Development Zone bulletin boards, if any.
- The decisions of the committee shall be subject to appeal before the Civil Court of Appeal in the Governorate within thirty days of the date the announcement is published. The Court of Appeal shall make a final decision on the appeal in chambers within thirty days of the date the appeal is registered at its offices.
15. Article 27
- The Administrative Unit shall arrange paper and digital registries of equity ownership entries, in a manner preserving equity holdings and in rem rights, and shall issue nominal bonds in the shares of zoning plots in common and deliver them to their owners within a period of six months from the date of the distribution committee obtaining the peremptory degree after the expiry of the appeal period or decisions on appeals if they occur.
- The registry or statement must contain the following information:
- Serial number
- Name of the Development Zone.
- Name of the owner of shares in the zoning
- Number of shares.
- The total shares for the Development Zone.
- All indications placed on the equity shares transferred from real estate pages or requested to be placed by judicial rulings.
- National number.
16. Article 28
- Owners of shares in zoning plots in common may, within a year of the announcement of the final distribution schedule, trade the ownership of shares among themselves or others in whole or in part, with instances recorded in the registry.
- Rights associated with the shares cannot be transferred until after they are registered in the shares registry with the Administrative Unit, and no action against third parties is needed until the date of the recording in this registry. The Administrative Unit shall be prohibited from conducting this registration if it includes a violation of the provisions of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012.
- The Administrative Unit shall charge, for the benefit of the zone fund, the selling or ceding party a rate of 0.5 percent of the nominal value of all shares sold or ceded or requested to be divided upon every operation, with at least 1,500 Syrian pounds per request, in addition to all the taxes and financial fees accrued in accordance with the provisions of the financial laws and regulations in effect.
- For those who wish to review the information of the ownership of shares of one of the owners who has registered their shares and obtain a copy of the original thereof, the request shall be granted in exchange for a fee determined by the Administrative Unit.
- The information provided shall be stored in the registry of shares electronically.
- The data issued by the Administrative Unit to register shares shall be considered officially endorsed.
17. Article 29
- Plots shall be distributed and their ownership transferred and registered in the Real Estate Registry within one of three options according to the desire and selection of the owner of shares of zoning plots in common:
- The first option: Allocation of plots.
- The second option: Participation in the establishment of a joint stock company in accordance with the Companies Law in effect or the Real Estate Development and Investment Law for building, sale and investment of plots.
- The third option: Sale at public auction.
- Owners of shares in zoning plots in common must, within six months following the date specified for issuance and distribution of the bonds set forth in Paragraph 1 of Article 27 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012, amended in accordance with the provisions of this Law, submit to the Administrative Unit a request to select one of the options specified in Paragraph 1 above.
- The Administrative Unit shall undertake to open a registry in which is registered the requests according to the option, and shall audit the share information accompanying the request with the shares registry.
18. Article 30
- Owners of shares of zoning plots in common for whom the value of their shares amount to the nominal value of one of the plots may submit their request to the Administrative Unit to subscribe to the plot they desire, containing the following:
- Number of the subscribed plot and names of the partner owners of shares of zoning plots in common and the amount of their nominal shares, accompanied by information of the shares equivalent to the value of the plot.
- No indications of mortgage, reservation or obligation of any kind on their equity shares preventing participation in a company or obtaining a building licence.
- The Administrative Unit must consider subscription requests within a period of no more than 15 days from the date of the application’s submission and reject any request that violates the conditions of subscription. In the event of a need to fillany shortage in the subscription request, the date of its completion shall be considered a new date for submission of the application.
- The executive office shall issue a decision allocating the plot.
- In the event that more than one subscription request is submitted for a single plot, preference in assigning the owner or owners of the subscription request shall goaccording to the sequence prior to the date the request is registered with the Administrative Unit. In the event that the registration is the same day for multiple requests, they shall have the same preference and lots shall be drawn between them.
- The owner of shares of zoning plots in common, in his capacity as a legal or natural person, has the right to submit his request for the allocation of one or more plots according to his ownership of shares equivalent to the value of the plot or plots requested for allocation, if his ownership of shares in regulated plots results from his previous original or inherited ownership before the establishment of the Development Zone in accordance with the provisions of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 and the provisions of this Law in the Development Zone, and determined by decision from the distribution committee.
- No natural or legal person has the right, after the establishment of the Development Zone in accordance with the provisions of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 and the provisions of this Law, to own or dispose of any shares in the zoning plots owned in common through trading, purchase, or concession enabling the assignment of more than one of the zoning plots. Forms of disposal include sale, gift, stripping, replacement of membership, concession, transfer of rights, or any insurance contract, mortgage or agency, whatever its formulation, leading to ownership, and this disposal shall be considered absolutely null and void in the context of the implementation of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 and the provisions of this Law.
- The allocation decision shall be announced for viewing in an announcement on the Administrative Unit bulletin board and its website, if any, and on the Development Zone bulletin board.
- The Administrative Unit must send a copy of the allocation decision to the real estate departments to carry out registration of ownership.
19. Article 31
Taking into consideration the provisions of Paragraph 6 of Article 30 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012, amended in accordance with the provisions of this Law, and the provisions of the Companies Law No. 29 of 2011, and the Real Estate Development and Investment Law No. 15 of 2008, owners of shares of zoning plots in common may submit their requests to the Administrative Unit to establish a joint stock company, the “second option,” with the aim of completing construction work of the plots and utilising them in accordance with what was approved in the rules of procedure.
- The request shall include the following:
- Full name and nationality.
- Number of shares desired for participation.
- Elected location.
- Copy of personal identification or passport.
- Fixed or mobile telephone number or fax, if any.
- Authorisation for the Administrative Unit to submit a request to establish the company to the Ministry of Trade and Economy.
- That there be no mortgage, restriction or obligation of any kind on the equity shares and that they are not burdened with any indication preventing contribution to the company or obtaining a building permit.
- The Administrative Unit must open a registry in which the requests for participation are recorded, and inspect the share certificates accompanying the requests with the shares registry and check for any indications or reservations preventing the transfer of the rights of owners of shares of zoning plots in common in the plots. This must be completed within a period of no longer than 15 days, during which time unacceptable requests shall be returned.
- After the completion of the allocation of all first option plots during the period specified in Article 30 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012, amended in accordance with the provisions of this Law, the Administrative Unit shall carry out the following:
- Inventory the total shares to collect applications for participation in the company.
- Determine the numbers of the plots subject to this and the numbers of the plots remaining for the third option, “sale by public auction,” in order to achieve integration and harmony in the project the company will implement, and reflect positively on the remaining plots which will be sold in the public auction, through a decision from the executive office.
- Allocate a correct number of plots for the second option. It may, in order to do this, take a final decision to transfer shares of zoning plots from the second option to the third, or vice versa, in accordance with the rules determined by the executive office, achieving the interests of the shareowners.
- Announce a decision assigning plots to the company in the Administrative Unit bulletin board and its website, if any, and on the Development Zone bulletin board.
- A decision of the executive office of the Administrative Unit shall be considered an instrument of power of attorney from all owners of shares of second option zoning plots to submit an establishment request to the Ministry of Internal Trade and Consumer Protection on behalf of a committee of the founders. The joint stock company shall be established in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Law in a manner not contradicting the provisions of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 and the provisions of this Law.
- The Administrative Unit shall invite owners of shares of zoning plots whose names are provided in an executive office decision as “owners of in rem advances for part of the capital of the company” to elect a committee of founders to develop basic regulations and to follow up on the establishment procedures, and to invite the general foundational authority to convene on behalf of the company and its administration until its final establishment and the election of the first board of directors.
- In accordance with the provisions of the Companies Law, the Administrative Unit shall send a copy of the allocation decision to the real estate departments to carry out procedures for registering the ownership of the name of the company within a period of 30 days from the date of the ratification of the basic regulations of the company.
- The value of plots equivalent to the share of owners of zoning plots shall be considered in rem advances comprising a portion of the company’s capital and shall be evaluated in accordance with the provision of the Companies Law.
- In a manner not contradicting the provisions of the Companies Law, the company may issue its shares for direct public subscription or in a financial securities market or by way of one or more underwriter. The underwriter must be a bank or a financial or real estate intermediary or a real estate developer licenced to practice this activity.
- Pursuant to the provisions of the Companies Law, founders shall bear all expenses of the company’s establishment if its establishment is not completed.
- In all matters not covered by Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 and the provisions of this Law with regard to the establishment of the company, the Companies Law No. 29 of 2011 shall apply.
- Work with the second option shall be halted and the provisions of the third option applied to distribution in accordance with what is set forth in Article 32 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 by a decision from the Minister of Public Works and Housing based on the recommendation of the executive office of the Administrative Unit in the following cases:
- The company cannot be established.
- The objective of the second aim cannot be achieved for social, cultural, or economic reasons.
20. Article 33
The following shall be issued by a decree from the Minister of Local Administration and Environment:
- A follow-up and supervisory committee shall be formed, chaired by the Governor with its members and tasks specified in the decision for its formation.
- An administration concerned with the implementation of the established Development Zone shall be established and its staffing and duties shall be determined by the decision for its establishment.
21. Article 34
- All committees whose formation is stipulated in accordance with Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 and the provisions of this Law shall be dedicated to fulfilling their tasks within the time periods specified for them. The follow-up and supervisory committee formed in Paragraph 1 of Article 33 above shall be exempted from this.
- The Governor may, if necessary, and based on a recommendation of the Administrative Unit, form a committee dedicated to completing works required by the course of the work.
22. Article 35
The Administrative Unit may take possession of public property, public constructions plots, and plots allocated for those notifiedof demolition which are free of buildings after the establishment of the Development Zone, and may take possession of the noted public property and public constructions plots after the evaluation of the Zone.
23. Article 38
- A committee shall be formed headed by the Minister of Local Administration and Environment and including the membership of the following:
- The Minister of Public Works and Housing.
- The Governor.
- A legal expert named by the committee chairman.
- It shall address all sub-issues that are not provided for by Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 and the provisions of this Law, and shall take all necessary measures to carry them out in a manner not conflicting with its provisions
24. Article 44
- Occupants not entitled to alternative housing shall be granted the equivalent of rent compensation for two years, disbursed from the Zone fund within a period of no more than one month from the date of the notification of eviction. Any new occupant of the residential unit whose occupancy was established after the organisation and issuance of the inventory and classification prepared by the committee formed in accordance with Paragraph 3 of Article 5 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 amended in accordance with this law, shall not have a right to compensation.
- Those entitled to alternative housing shall be granted the equivalent of annual rent compensation until they are delivered alternative housing, disbursed annually from the Zone fund and paid within one month from the eviction notification.
- Rent compensation the last year shall be granted partially, commensurate with the date specified for delivery of the alternative housing.
- The payment of rent compensation shall be halted if the reason for the delay in delivery of alternative housing results from the one entitled to alternative housing. The Administrative Unit has the right to demand any disbursed amount that is not due in accordance with the Collection of Public Funds Law.
- The annual rent compensation will be determined at a rate of 5 percent of the estimated value of the residential unit that must be evacuated
25. Article 45
The Administrative Unit shall comply with the following with regards to the Development Zones established after the issuance of this Law:
- Secure alternative housing for entitled occupants within a period of no more than four years from the date of the issuance of the actual eviction.
- Grant preference to occupants of the Development Zone who are not entitled to alternative housing by allocating them housing when available after the completion of allocation of all housing to those entitled to alternative housing.
- Grant preference to commercial storeowners who are evicted in the Development Zone for purchasing and renting commercial stores that are adopted by the Administrative Unit by way of public option and confined among themselves.
26. Article 51
- If the Development Zone includes agricultural land, it shall entail rights to the farmer or owner for participation or compensation, and the contract between the two parties shall be considered severed, in whole or in part, depending on whether the Zone includes all or part of the land. The holder of the aforementioned right shall be paid what he is entitled to in terms of the compensations stipulated in the Agricultural Relations Law from the shares resulting from these lands entering in whole or in part into the zoning.
27. Article 59
The provisions of Law No. 82 of 2010 shall be applied to zoning plots established in the Development Zone.
28. Article 61
- If a number of plots from one or more Development Zone established in the execution of the provisions of Law No. 9 of 1974 fall within the borders of the Development Zone established in accordance with the provisions of this Law, these plots shall be subject to the provisions of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 and the provisions of this Law.
- In the event that owners of zoning plots obtain any modifications to the plans related to their plots in accordance with the provisions of Legislative Decree No. 5 of 1982, and the revision results in an increase in the plot area, the Administrative Unit has the right to the equivalent of 50 percent of the interest earned as a result of the increase in accordance with the provisions of Legislative Decree No. 98 of 1965.
- Article 63
In all matters not addressed by the provisions of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 and the provisions of this Law, the provisions of Law No. 23 of 2015 shall apply.
Article 62 of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 shall be annulled.
The term Minister/Ministry of Local Administration and Environment shall take the place of the term Minister/Ministry of Local Administration. The term Minister of Public Works and Housing shall take the place of the term Ministry of Housing and Urban Development. The term President of the Administrative Unit and Administrative Unit, according to the situation, shall take the place of the term Governor, Governor of Damascus and Governorate of Damascus. The term Development Zone shall take the place of the term two Development Zones. The term “the public entity authorised to keep a record of ownership” shall take the place of the term Directorate of Cadastral Affairs, the Real Estate Registry Directorate and the General Directorate of Cadastral Affairs, according to the situation, wherever they are set forth in Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012.
The provisions of Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 and the amendments to it stipulated in this Law shall apply to the Development Zones which were established in accordance with the provisions of Article 1 of this Law.
The two Development Zones included in Legislative Decree No. 66 of 2012 shall make use of the provisions of this Law with the exception of that which was accomplished in accordance with the decree for their establishment.
This Law shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Damascus, 15/7/1439 Hijri, 2/4/2018 Gregorian
President of the Republic